3S Artspace | Performance Venue, Restaurant + Art Gallery | Portsmouth, NH
Opened in the Spring of 2015, 3S Artspace is the Seacoast’s first nonprofit contemporary arts venue offering a diverse experience of performance, music, art, and food.
In addition to the adaptive reuse of a neglected industrial building, this unique project included a full environmental branding and wayfinding program that worked to unify the venue’s various program elements.
Brandon Holben, Project Architect (for McHenry Architecture), created the design vision and, working closely with many stakeholders, met a tight budget and oversaw the project through its completion. Working in concert with the architectural team, Elisa Winter Holben designed the integrated environmental branding, wayfinding, and donor recognition program.
The seamless integration of architecture and branding at 3S establishes a cohesive environment and enhances the visitor experience.
The project was the recipient of a 2016 AIANH Excellence in Architecture Award. 3S Artspace work performed by Brandon Holben at McHenry Architecture
- Wayfinding Design WINTER HOLBEN
- Environmental Branding WINTER HOLBEN
- Project Architect Brandon Holben
- Architecture Firm McHenry Architecture
- Structural Engineer Summit Engineering
- Construction Manager Wright-Ryan
- Restaurant Design Build Louis Hamel Design
- Landscape Architecture Terra Firma
- Civil Engineer Ambit Engineering
- Wayfinding Fabrication Neokraft Signs
- Photography David J. Murray cleareyephoto.com
- 2016 AIANH Excellence in Architecture
- Honorable Mention